https://yorktowncivic.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/walk-audit-2022.jpg 1440 2560 Campbell Maloney /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/lca-civic-logo-2.png Campbell Maloney2022-05-28 20:31:082022-05-28 20:37:37Yorktown Walk Audits – Recording, Materials, and Sign-up
Yorktown Walk Audits – Recording, Materials, and Sign-up
The YCA is updating its neighborhood plan – a vital tool for securing funding from the Arlington County Neighborhood Conservation Program as well as advocating for the preferences of the residents on a variety of projects and initiatives that affect the neighborhood.
We are conducting walk audits now through June 30, 2022, to capture information about the walking environment in Yorktown. If you were unable to join the information sessions held on 5/19 or 5/22, click here to watch a recording of the 17-minute session.
If you would like to volunteer for a walk audit, please:
- Review the AARP walk audit toolkit guide and print the accompanying worksheets.
- Sign up for the block, intersection, or walking path that you would like to audit. You can select more than one and you can pick a site not on the list.
- Conduct your walk audit(s) – any day or time. Ideally 3 or 4 different days/times.
- Complete the worksheets and summary and email them along with any relevant photos to [email protected] no later than July 2, 2022.
In addition to the Neighborhood Conservation Program, Arlington County has a number of other programs that provide funding for a variety of small and large-scale projects. Potential projects you may identify during your walk audit include, but are not limited to, installation of or improvements to:
- Curbs and gutters
- Park improvements
- Neighborhood art
- Curb extensions
- Median extensions
- Improved road crossings
- ADA compliant ramps
- Bus stop enhancements
- Pedestrian refuges
- Large, native tree planting
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please email [email protected]