Greenbrier Park features 18 acres of outdoor enjoyment including a synthetic track, a lighted basketball court, tennis courts, three diamond fields (two of which are for use by permit only), and a new synthetic rectangular multiuse field (permit takes priority). The main diamond field has covered dugouts, a press box, a batting cage, and both home and visitor bleachers. There is also a
high jump and shot put discus area. This park is home to the Yorktown Patriots. Chestnut Hills Park is right up the back stairs.
Reminder: The restrooms in the stadium will be closing on November 20, 2017 for the winter.
- The Annual Assist Youth Soccer Tournament is scheduled for the first two weekends in March.
- High School Spring Sports tryouts begin Feb. 19, 2018
- You can view the field use calendar for the Greenbrier stadium field here: https://parks.arlingtonva.us/rentals/rectangular-fields/
- We continue to honor the YCA request to have the stadium lights on regardless of field schedule, Monday through Friday until 9 p.m. so the community can use the track.
- Anyone have a 3-9 year old who loves to bounce? Join us for Open Bounce Saturday mornings at Madison Community Center from Nov. 4 – March 24.
by Frank White