Minutes of the July 21, 2021 Yorktown Civic Association General Membership Meeting
- On July 21, 2021, the Yorktown Civic Association held a virtual general meeting. The following individuals were in attendance, with Brian Young reporting the minutes:
- Bryan Walsh, Campbell Maloney, Christine Purka, Craig Mastrangelo, David Haring, David Friedman, Ginger Brown, Hillary Gillen, James Churbuck, Kristi Roberts, Maisie Meade, Mehul Vora, Melissa Jackson, Michael Strazzella, Mike Cantwell, Paul Gibson, Paul Holland, Rob Fisher, Sally Linderman, Shelly Pelletier, Terry Costello, Amelia Frenkel, Frank White.
In Memoriam: James and Shauna Waites
- Craig Mastrangelo offered condolences to the families of Shauna and James Waite of North Greenbrier Street, who were killed in a tragic accident last week. Please keep the Waites and their family in your thoughts.
Plan Lee Highway
- Paul Holland and Ginger Brown addressed Plan Lee Highway, a land use development plan for the Lee Highway corridor. They took questions. Documents pertaining to Plan Lee Highway are available here: https://projects.arlingtonva.us/plans-studies/land-use/lee-highway/process/. Residents may contact Plan Lee Highway at email@example.com. Ms. Brown may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. Holland may be contacted at email@example.com. Mr. Cantwell reported that the Goddard School is renting the former bank location near Lee Highway and George Mason and is hopeful that this space will become a childcare center. Ms. Brown reported that an eatery had expressed interest in the space that was formerly occupied by Tops Cleaners on Lee Highway but had no further information.
- The Association discussed holding a neighborhood day in Chestnut Hills on a date to be determined this fall. Mr. Cantwell put out a call for someone to volunteer to serve as chairperson of the event. In the past, Neighborhood Day featured food trucks, musical entertainment, and a bounce house. Please contact Mr. Cantwell at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to volunteer.
Crime and Traffic
- Mr. Cantwell gave an update on crime developments and traffic safety.