https://yorktowncivic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/yca-meeting-notes.jpg 400 1000 Campbell Maloney /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/lca-civic-logo-2.png Campbell Maloney2023-02-03 14:07:532023-02-03 14:17:03Meeting Notes – February 1, 2023
Meeting Notes – February 1, 2023
Minutes of the February 1, 2023 Yorktown Civic Association General Membership Meeting
The meeting was held in Patriot Hall at Yorktown Highschool. The following people attended, with Brian Young reporting the minutes: include David Coia, James Churbuck, Terry Costello, William Garvent, Zach Newkirk, Caryn Wagner, Kim Klinger, Brian Cobb, Jim Page, Michael Cantwell, Frank White, Christine Purka, and David Friedman.
PAGE GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES
- Barbara Hamlett and James Page spoke about Page Global Business services, a business that opened in the former Title Max property on Langston and George Mason. Hamlett and Page, the owners of the business, invite the Yorktown community to the business’s grand opening on Friday, February 10 from 4-5:30 p.m. The company’s website is www.pageglobal.com.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE NOMINEES
- Caryn Wagner, Mehul Vora, and Zach Newkirk were nominated to serve on the Executive Committee and addressed the group. Their nominations carried on a unanimous voice vote.
MISSING MIDDLE UPDATE
- Mr. Cantwell provided an update on the Missing Middle Plan. Last week, the County Board held a nine-hour meeting. The result of the meeting is that the Board passed an authorization to advertise, which resulted in the legislation being posted on the County website. The Board will vote on the proposal at their March meeting.
DRIVER, CYCLIST, PEDESTRIAN SAFETY COMMITTEE UPDATE
- Mr. Churbuck provided an update on the Committee’s work. The Yorktown Civic Association maintains records of traffic accidents on 26th and Harrison. The County also maintains data, but it has limitations: the accident must cause at least $1,500 in damage to be documented. The committee is working on a plan to put QR codes on electrical poles that would enable pedestrians to report near misses, thereby increasing the reliability of our data. There have been three rollover accidents in the YCA since December. There was a fatal collision at Little Falls and John Marshal.
- The civic association is planning to hold a neighborhood day in the spring and is looking for a chair to volunteer.
- The Yorktown Civic Association is looking for a high school aged intern. Please contact Michael Cantwell if you know somebody who is interested.
- Kim Klinger, a candidate for Commissioner of Revenue, addressed the Civic Association. Her website is kim4arlington.com.