https://yorktowncivic.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/yca-meeting-notes.jpg 400 1000 Campbell Maloney /wp-content/uploads/2018/01/lca-civic-logo-2.png Campbell Maloney2022-05-06 16:15:012022-05-06 16:23:19Meeting Notes – May 4, 2022
Meeting Notes – May 4, 2022
Minutes of the May 4, 2022 Yorktown Civic Association General Membership Meeting
- A meeting of the Yorktown Civic Association Executive Committee was held virtually. Brian Young, Secretary, reporting.
- Those in attendance include Lynda Ramirez-Blust, Barry Holt, Campbell Maloney, Brian Yost, David Haring, David Friedman, Frank White, Craig Mastrangelo, Karla Loper, Mark Loper, MJ Harford, Ori Nir, Jan Hartford, James Churbuck, and Terry Costello.
NEIGHBORHOOD CONSERVATION PROJECT
- David Haring provided an update on the Neighborhood Conservation Project. The project to add sidewalks to 25th street has been submitted to the County and the engineering study for this project is under consideration.
- Lynda Ramirez-Blust, a consultant, described the Yorktown Neighborhood Plan. The intention of the Neighborhood Plan is to create a comprehensive list of projects, ranging for side walks and curbs to bikeability and walkability. The goal is to submit a plan to the County by the end of the calendar year. Blust helped facilitate the creation of a neighborhood survey, which she intends to distribute to the neighborhood in the near future. The plan is to hand deliver surveys to each house in the neighborhood. We hope to have residents complete the survey by the end of May.
- A discussion about the merits of the “Missing Middle” proposal was held.
- Campbell Maloney addressed the “bump outs” being created on 26th and Harrison, which appear to be intended to make the crossing distance shorter. The YCA received no notice or communication from the County regarding this curb extension. If you observe unsafe driving in the vicinity of 26th and Harrison, please contact Campbell Maloney at [email protected]
- Michael Cantwell put a call out for new members to join the YCA Executive Committee.